Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Final Fantasy XXX(?) - The Geek Within

Wide-Eyed, Red-Haired Anime Babes aside, its time I stopped being a closet-geek, and publicly embraced my Inner Penguin (Quack!). So, where do we stand? Ah yes, I'm typing this on Deep-Thought (Who, besides being the All-Powerful Fourteen-Dimensional GodZillion-Byte-Crunching Mechanical Marvel of the Ring-World Zorg, also happens to occasionally double up as my sleek black Compaq V3749AU lap-warmer. AMD Turion X2 procy, nVidia MoBo, 7150m Graphics, bla-bla-blah, details here) Apart from the OEM installation of Windoze Vista, which I use solely for gaming, DT's played host to Fedora 8 (Werewolf), Mandriva Spring 2008 (With KDE Goodness!), and as of now, Ubuntu 8.10. I fancied the 2.1 Ultimate Edition for a bit, but Ibex's load times (and hardware detection! beer!) wowed me right away, and its been 8.10 since Feb '09.

And since a picture speaks a thousand words, here's the rest of my essay:




More on what keeps DT beautiful as I keep learning! :)

The Man


Oh, and it turns out Penguins DONT quack!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081219154311AAxN8ZE

No comments: